Wednesday 7 September 2011

#004 The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

This thing sure is gonna have a whole lot of 3 hour long epics isn't it?

Well I gotta say these older movies are the ones that I don't look forward to watching. I guess I should try to ignore the outdatedness of it all and try to enjoy the movies for what they are.

So how do I feel about spaghetti westerns? I guess I haven't really seen many, and the ones I have seen, I've only been half watching. I think they're more for people who think cowboys and guns are cool and just love it when someone's hat gets blown off by a bullet or when Clint Eastwood acts aloof and slowly lights a cigar while someone points a gun at him. And you know what? It is kind of cool but I do enjoy movies that have plots and as far as I can tell this is what this movie lacks.

Basically from what I gathered its about 3 cowboys who like killing people and collecting gold. Two of them end up teaming up in an extremely untrusting partnership in order to find buried gold, while the third hunts them down and attempts to acquire the gold for himself.

People in these old western's are always shooting each other. Thats no way for society to build itself. I guess the quiet selfless ones who stay out of trouble are the ones that survive.

Ok so the concepts mildly cool but the story could've been told a lot faster. There isn't really much constantly engaging plot to keep an eye out for that justifies its length. This is why its perfect to have on in the background while doing the ironing. You can keep up with whats going on without having to pay close attention.

Also, the dubbing is funny. But dubbing always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment